1. Select an article from a recent newspaper, that appeals to you and your teammates. You can select the article from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, Newsweek, your local newspaper, or news website.
2. Analyze the article according to the five-part structure described in chapter 2 – Messages
3. Answer the following questions:
- What is the main idea?
- Why do you think the article was written?
- Who is the intended audience?
- How are the main points presented and supported?
- Does the piece conclude with a sentence closure?
- Does the piece avoid sentence fragments, run-on sentences, and comma splices?
4. Submit (1) your answers to the questions above and (2) the article itself (include a link to the article, or attach a copy of the article).