DEPENDABILITY AND CREDIBILITY IN QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
Read Onwuegbuzie and Leech’s 2007 article, “Validity and Qualitative Research: An Oxymoron?”
from Quality & Quantity, volume 41, issue 2, pages 233–249. This article discusses how the concept of
validity and how it is applied to qualitative research.
APA Style and Format.
Persistent Links and DOIs.
Validity and Qualitative Research: An Oxymoron?
Using the qualitative article that you previously selected, post the following information:
• Describe the type of data collected in the study and how it was collected.
• Discuss how the researchers established the dependability, or reliability, of the data.
• Discuss how the researchers established the credibility, or validity, of the data. Use the information from the qualitative validity article assigned in this unit’s studies, linked in Resources. Discuss how the credibility and dependability of the research contribute to the scientific merit of the research.
• Post the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases
• Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.