Define activities for a project based on the scenario you choose.
Scenario: You work for a small shipping company and warehouse. The owners have decided to update the software used for tracking, shipping, receiving, and inventory. Fifteen computers need to be updated. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Each computer must be updated manually by one of two trained employees, both of whom must be borrowed from other managers. The update procedure consumes 4 hours of the updater’s time and generates an additional 1.5 hours of computer downtime. The work must be performed at a central loading station, away from the current location of the computer.
Include the following:
- Identify the scope of the project.
- Define the needs of the stakeholders.
- Create a WBS for the project.
- List necessary tools and techniques.
- List activities, activity attributes, and milestones for the project.
- Sequence the activities in a chart or diagram.
Submit your chart or diagram.