Topic: Applying Instruments
This assignment will allow you to revise your previous paper and apply the Baldrige framework to an organization with which you are familiar.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Refer to the Topic 2 assignment “Defining Organizational Leadership” and any instructor feedback.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Use the tools from the Required Readings for this topic.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment requires that at least 3 additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least 2 in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Present a revised version (1,250-1,550 words total) of the paper “Defining Organizational Leadership” (ATTACHED) that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
1. A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
2. The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 2,000-2,250 words in which you do the following:
1. Use the Baldrige framework to outline the leadership structure and practices of an organization with which you are very familiar.
2. Provide a research-supported discussion of how the Baldrige framework helped you assess the organizational leadership of the entity studied.
3. Provide a research-supported identification and description of any factors the framework does not assess.
4. Discuss how your definition of organizational leadership is supported or refuted by your exploration of the organizational leadership of the entity studied. How do you need to modify your definition based on your experience in this exploration?
Leadership Trait Questionnaire (LTQ), Ch. 2, p 38;
Skills Inventory, Ch. 3, pp 66-67;
Leader Behavior Questionnaire, Ch. 4, pp 87-88;
Path-Goal Leadership Questionnaire, Ch. 6, pp 132-133;
Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ) Form 5X-Short, Ch. 8, pp 187-189;
Perceived Leader Integrity Scale (PLIS), Ch. 13, 355-358.
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. (2016). About the Baldrige Excellence Framework. Gaithersburg, MD: U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology. URL: https://www.nist.gov/baldrige/about-baldrige-excellence-framework
Barbuto, J. E., & Hayden, R. W. (2011). Testing relationships between servant leadership dimensions and leader member exchange (LMX). Journal of Leadership Education, 10(2), 22-37. URL: https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ehh&AN=88906204&site=ehost-live&scope=site