For your Portfolio Project, review and analyze the following post-completion project review report (a case study) with a focus on project metrics and performance measurement: A Case Study in the Effective Use of Schedule Control Techniques—Recovery Schedules
Since the key sections of your work correspond to each individual module of the course, it is recommended that you progressively develop your project based on each week’s topic.
Prepare a 10 page narrative to address the following topics (Does not include cover or references as part of 10 pages):
- Project scope, objectives, and outcome requirements (see attached)
- Project stakeholders and reporting needs (see attached)
- Challenges in project performance measurement as well as metrics that the team could use for more effective control. Explain why.
- The KPIs and KPI targets that the team could use. Explain the KPI selection process and justify the KPIs you choose.
- How the use of earned value and other value metrics could be incorporated in project performance management.
- A discussion of what metrics could be used to develop a dashboard and how input data could be used to calculate needed KPIs and metrics in the dashboard.
- A discussion of other visual tools that the project could use along with a discussion of why the use of dashboards and visuals tools could result in more effective management of the project.
- A discussion of the key considerations for performance measurement and challenges in the use of the right measurement techniques. Outline your recommended strategies to overcome these challenges.