For this assignment, you will be assessing a proposed change to the scope of the project, proposing an overview of a change management process, drafting a change request form, and discussing how the change will be communicated to the stakeholders inclusive of the sponsor.
This assignment is directly linked to the following key learning outcomes from the course syllabus:
- Discuss critical success factors
- Introduce leading vs. lagging indicators
- Discuss why the Integrated Change Control process is so critical
- Discuss risk and issue escalation process to project sponsors and stakeholders
In addition to these key learning outcomes, you will also have the opportunity to evidence the following skills through completing this assignment:
- Critical thinking
- Quantitative analysis
- Professional writing
For this assignment, you will be assessing a requested change to the scope, preparing a change request form, and utilizing your stakeholder analysis, to determine how the information should be disseminated. Please be sure to start this assignment early to allow for sufficient time. Below are the assignment guidelines and files.
To complete this assignment, you will use the following file:
1. Continuation Week Five Case Study document which is attached above. This is a continuation of the case study introduced in Week Two.
Guide to Files
- The Case Study file attached here and the original case study document from Week Two can be leveraged for this assignment. This will provide you some context to the evaluation you will be using and allow you to make some reasonable assumptions about the context of the changes to the project.
Using the information gathered from the original case study, and the new information provided, write a 4 – 5 page paper using the following structure:
- Report / Executive Summary – Summarize the finding of the impact of the change briefly (1 or 2 paragraphs); this should include the finding of your report, as well as, your recommendations to your sponsor regarding the implementation of the change. It should be concise and direct.
- Current Status of Project – In this section, you want to provide details regarding the current status. Which indicators from the case study are you leveraging to describe the current status?
- Identify any leading vs. the lagging indicators in your analysis.
- Provide an overview of the change process you will follow to incorporate the change including the approval process. Will there be a change control board? Will the PM review prior to submission for approval? Does the sponsor need to approve your change request form? Consider including a flow chart and a summary explaining the flow chart.
- Recommendations – Based on your analysis of the change, tell us what areas of the project are of concern. Is cost or time a concern in these areas? Does the scope need be considered? What are some possible solutions for cost and schedule related impacts of the change that might be applicable?
- Please insert a draft change request form in your submitted assignment completed with the relevant information that your sponsor will need to approve the change.
Here are some general guidelines for formatting:
- Use section headers so that it is clear what the sections of the report are
- Make good use of tables and/or charts to report the data
- Be concrete; reference the case study and specifics regarding performance
- Include page numbers
- All Assignment files are due by Sunday 11:59 pm, End of week 5
Remember completion of an assignment does not guarantee an ‘A’. Please refer to the attached grading rubric as a guide to how the assignment will be assessed.
Analyze and assess the impact of Ethics on Project Management:
- Read Gray & Larson pages 353 – 359.
- Identify two external articles on Ethical Practices in Project Management.
Write a 2-3 page paper which accomplishes the following:
- Summarizes the Gray & Larson material and synthesizes the information in the two external articles.
- Draft your own personal ethical statement of practice in which you identify key characteristics of your ethical self.
- Identify one area of focus in project management that can be more suspectible to ethical pressure and how you would address the situation.
- Ensure you follow APA style guidelines