In this journal entry, I would like you to consider your personal experiences with aging and how these experiences may connect with what you have learned so far in this course.
- Think back over what you have read and learned in these first two modules (Welcome & Module 1). Did you discover you had stereotypes or myths about older adults? If so, what were they and how have they changed?
- What are some of your concerns or fears about your own aging? The aging of others you care for? Have you learned anything so far that is addressing these concerns? Do you believe screenings work for secondary prevention?
- Should Primary Health Care personnel spend more time on primary prevention messaging? – Health behaviors?
- In your opinion, what is the most important thing you’ve learned so far? Describe this and why it is important to you.
- Do you have any questions that you would like to ask?