Clinical Field Experience D: Intervention Implementation through videos
Upon identifying an appropriate intervention tier and aligning intervention strategies, teachers can begin the implementation process. Implementing identified intervention strategies during instruction will help to not only meet the needs of students but help teachers to identify where to monitor and adjust instruction as needed. Implementation and evaluation of intervention is an ongoing process when working with all students.
Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Working with your mentor teacher, identify a math lesson or time during which interventions from the Clinical Field Experience C intervention plan can be implemented to benefit the previously identified students.
After implementing the intervention strategies, seek feedback from your mentor teacher about how it went. Continue discussion regarding the strengths and potential improvements of the students.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
After the math lesson or activity, summarize and reflect upon your experiences in 250-500 words, being sure to:
- Briefly describe the students’ identified needs and explain how interventions were selected. Rationalize choices in relation to the needs of the students.
- Describe how the students performed on the math activities and reflect upon your experience implementing the intervention strategies. Include possible changes you would make in the future when implementing these strategies.
- Describe how students could utilize one of the intervention strategies at home.
- Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
- List all videos viewed for this assignment