WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT 1: REFLEXES
Please complete your answers to the lab questions on this form. Please complete your answers, and SAVE the file in a location which you will be able to find again. Then, attach and submit the completed form to the Week 3 Laboratory dropbox in the Ashford University classroom.
1. What is the pupillary response of the right eye when a light was shone into the pupil?
2. What is the consensual response? (The response of the left eye).
3. What branch of the nervous system controls this response?
4. Can this response be inhibited?
5. Define what a reflex is.
6. Name five essential components of a reflex arc.
WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT 2: TESTING CRANIAL NERVE FUNCTIONS
Table 2: Cranial Nerve Function Testing
1. What do your cranial nerve test results tell you?
2. When might these tests be used in a clinical setting?
3. What cranial nerve may not be functioning properly if a patient cannot detect taste on the anterior tongue?
4. What cranial nerve may not be functioning properly if a patient can move his/her eyes medial, superior, and inferior, but not lateral?
WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT 3: TESTING TOUCH, TEMPERATURE, AND PAIN
Table 3: Blind Coin Differentiation
1. Describe the difference between the four US coins.
2. Was the participant able to distinguish between these coins?
3. Which coin was the easiest to identify by touch? Which was the most difficult to distinguish by touch?
4. Why is the detection of temperature important to maintaining overall health?
5. Did the participant notice any difference between the amounts of pain reception in the different areas tested?