All papers must be 2 typed pages, double spaced, with 12pt font.
Please put your name, course name, and date at the top of the paper.
Each paper should include the following:
- The author’s purpose in writing the article
- The author’s main thesis
- The author’s challenging of other historical viewpoints
- The evidence utilized by the author (specifically primary sources)
- Personal likes/dislikes
- How the author could make the work stronger?
- The recommend audience of the article?
- Explain how this article contributes to understanding the history of the United States
- An example of how this article supports/contradicts Competing Visions
- Suggested reading to accompany this work (not required, but helpful)
The Format should be as follows:
- Introduction paragraph
- The first paragraph introduces the author and the article you will review
- A sentence should give an initial impression of the work
- Express the purpose and thesis in the introduction paragraph
- Body paragraphs
- One paragraph should summarize the article
- Several paragraphs should address the items listed above.
- Conclusion paragraph
- The final paragraph should express the importance of this work (or the lack)
- Suggested readings to accompany this work and other final thoughts