Assignment: Digital Forensic Software or Equipment ProposalLearning Objectives and Outcomes
- Select forensics software and/or equipment.
You are a new employee of DigiFirm Investigation Company. As part of your company orientation, you are being exposed to each area of the computer forensics investigations firm.DigiFirm is preparing to set up a new on-site forensics laboratory facility. Kim Blake, the laboratory manager, has asked you to select three examples of software or a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that could be acquired and used in your organization’s new lab.Your supervisor mentioned to Kim that you could use some indoctrination to the DigiFirm technical capabilities, and what better way than to have you jump right in and help the company plan the new lab. You will help make some important decisions regarding investment in equipment and/or software.For this assignment:
- Search the Internet for information about forensic lab tools and equipment.
- Choose three examples of software or state-of-the-art equipment that would benefit the lab.
- Write a proposal that covers:
- Your three choices.
- The reasons for choosing them.
- The benefits and limitations (if any) of each choice.
Submission RequirementsFormat:Microsoft WordFont:Arial, Size 12, Double-SpaceCitation Style:Your school’s preferred style guideLength:1-2 pages
- I researched three pieces of software or equipment that could be acquired and used in the organization’s new forensics lab.
- I described my reasons for choosing them.
- I described the benefits and limitations (if any) of each choice.