For this assignment, you must write a paper describing your design for an experiment that will serve as a pilot project and will help you address an organizational problem or identify opportunities for continuous improvement or revenue growth.
When designing your experiment, remember to design it in a way that minimizes threats to validity, best addresses your research question, and is feasible to implement in your organization of interest. Please consider using the G*Power tool for determining your optimal sample size (attached file).
Your paper should consist of the following components:
– Describe the problem and state the hypotheses to be tested.
– Describe and justify the design (e.g., type of experimental, quasi-experimental, or pre-experimental design). Please note that non-experimental designs are not permitted for this assignment as you must manipulate at least one variable for your assignment.
– Discuss how your design best mitigates potential threats to validity.
– Describe your data requirements, how you will collect your data, and how you plan to analyze your data.
Length: 5-7 page paper (APA), not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 5 scholarly resources.
– García-Pérez, M. A. (2012). Statistical conclusion validity: Some common threats and simple remedies. Frontiers in Psychology, 3.
– Harris, P. (2008). Designing and reporting experiments in psychology. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
– Parker, R. M. (1993). Threats to the Validity of Research. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 36(3), 130–38.