For this assignment, you must examine the entity-relationship diagram for the database created in Week 4.
Your submission should include the following:
- Using MySQL Workbench, reverse engineer an ERD for the database you created in Week 4 and take a screenshot of the diagram.
In a Word document, address the following items:
- Explain the cardinality (relationship types) such as 1:M, 1:1, M:M, or M:1. Be sure to indicate the determined factors from the previous assignment requirement.
- Determine the normal form of your database design. Justify your choice with evidence from your design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- If your design is not in at least third normal form, revise it so it is in at least third normal form. Provide the revised design in addition to the original. Justify why the new design is now in at least third normal form with evidence from the design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- Provide three specific examples of data anomalies (including at least one insert, update, and delete anomaly each) that might happen if your database were not in at least third normal form. Provide sample non-normalized data and tables, the action taken, and the resulting anomalous data. Explain why your design avoids each possible problem.
- Insert the screenshot(s) of your ERD(s) within the body of your paper in the appropriate place(s) and label each screenshot.
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title, diagrams, and reference pages
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course.