You’ve come a long way, but there’s still some work to be done! Revision is an important step of the writing process, so let’s take some time to discuss revision strategies and how we can use them at this stage in the writing process.
Before you begin, please review the discussion rubric below to make sure you fulfill all of the required tasks.
Let’s look over the current draft of your paper, and then, answer the following questions:
- First, looking over each section of the draft, in what area do you feel you did particularly well? What made it so strong, and how will you use these strengths in other sections of the draft that may need additional work?
- Second, which sections of your draft do you feel need further improvement? Why do you feel these sections need to be revised? Which peer or instructor feedback will you use during the revision process?
When you’re finished, post your initial response to the discussion boards. When responding to two peers, discuss their insights and offer additional tips and support, pulling from the readings and your own experiences as guidance. Remember, as with the peer workshop in Week 4, it’s important to be thorough and honest here.
Your response posts should be at least one fully developed paragraph (5-8 sentences) in length.
As with the first discussion, be sure to check back on this forum throughout the week to see what others have posted to your thread, and respond to questions and comments in an engaging manner. These posts will vary in length.
ENG 123 Discussion Rubric
Your active participation in the discussion forums is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions are designed to help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts and goals of the course. These discussions offer you the opportunity to express your own thoughts, ask questions for clarification, and gain insight from your classmates’ responses and instructor’s guidance.
Requirements for Discussion Board Assignments
Students are required to post one initial post (1) and to follow up with at least two (2) response posts for each discussion board assignment.
For your initial post (1) you must:
- Compose a post that fully addresses the assignment prompt.
- In Module One, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- In Module Six, complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Take into consideration material such as course content from the current module and previous modules, when appropriate.