Creativity and innovation are essential to an organization’s success, and both should be infused into every aspect of a business. Companies with creative and innovative employees keep up with industry changes and have a competitive advantage. Human resources (HR) can foster a creative culture.
For this assignment, assume the role of HR manager. The HR director has requested a business report that details the ideal organizational culture, qualities and characteristics of the employees, and leadership attributes for cultivating a culture of creativity and innovation.
Choose one of the following:
- Option 1: Imagine you are creating a new and innovative company in the automotive or health/wellness industry.
- Option 2: Use a company you are interested in from the automotive or health/wellness industry.
Write a 3–5 page business report in which you:
- Identify which option you chose and indicate the products and/or services the company provides.
- Describe the ideal qualities and characteristics of the company employees in terms of creating a creative and innovative culture.
- Describe the ideal background and experience needed for company leaders to foster a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Identify the two most important leadership qualities and characteristics the employees should have to be effective leaders.
- Discuss the ideal organizational culture and how it would foster creativity and innovation among employees.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine employee and leadership qualities as related to an organizational culture of creativity and innova