A local social service agency has asked you to create a pamphlet or PowerPoint Presentation to educate the community about an issue related to Child Development. Using research in the lesson material as your main source, plus at least two additional resources, put together an informational guide about any issue from the lesson material that has to do with Child Development. Some examples are teen pregnancy, challenges and tips for parents during a stage of development, (prenatal, infancy and toddlerhood, early childhood, middle childhood, or adolescence), peer pressure, kids and social media, children with special needs, etc.
Prepare a pamphlet or PowerPoint that covers the following:
- Start off by introducing the issue. Give a brief summary about it that includes facts, statistics, etc.
- Who is affected by the issue and how?
- What theories/concepts from the lesson material can help parents, caregivers, and/or professionals better understand the issue?
- What can parents, peers, and/or professionals do to help with this issue?
- What resources are available in your community to assist with this issue? If you can’t find anything locally, broaden your search to state and national services. Share at least 2 resources that offer help for the issue. Make sure to include the name of the agency, a summary of the services they provide, and contact information.
- Provide a brief conclusion of your presentation or informational pamphlet.
- Provide a summary for your instructor. You may share what you learned by completing this assignment, any challenges you faced, any information you didn’t agree with, and/or any other relevant information you’d like to share.
If you make a pamphlet it should be 1-2 pages in length. While graphics are appreciated, they shouldn’t be your focus. Your pamphlet needs to clearly cover the required material.
If you make a PowerPoint it should be 10 slides minimum (not including a Title and Reference slide) and include notes at the bottom to clearly explain the bullet points.
Do NOT copy the information from your sources. You must summarize the information and provide citations in the body of your presentation/pamphlet in APA format. Your project will automatically be submitted to turnitin.com. You and your instructor will receive the results. If you need help with turnitin.com please see the information posted in the Announcements.