This week, you will write a comprehensive APA analysis paper utilizing all the knowledge you have gained in Criminal Procedure: Pre-Trial (CCJ3750). Use what you have learned from the READ and ATTEND sections throughout the entire course (including Unit 5). If you need support on how to formulate your APA Analysis paper, you may refer to your APA Template under the Resource tab or contact the CPS Librarians. Please refer to your grading rubric for guidance, as well. Upon completion, you will click on the Dropbox tab to submit your paper for grading.
Be sure to back up your statements and opinions for the below prompts with at least three (3) scholarly sources. Use proper source crediting and DO NOT self-plagiarize from the previous week’s assignments.
- Discuss each of the six constitutional limitations on criminal law.
- What types of voluntary acts satisfy actus reus? Distinguish between mens rea and motive.
- Summarize the elements of voluntary and involuntary manslaughter.
- What is solicitation, and how does it differ from conspiracy?
- What is the difference between a justification defense and an excuse defense? Which is self-defense and why?
- Distinguish between the defenses of insanity and diminished capacity. What are the elements of the M’Naghten test for insanity? Irresistible impulse? Model Penal Code?
- Can the necessity defense ever justify homicide? Why or why not?
- As law enforcement or other criminal justice professional, how could you apply what you learned in this course about Pre-Trial Criminal Procedure?